Hello readers and listeners!
I have decided to end the first season of Geeked on History a little sooner than I had planned to. I wanted to take us into 13 episodes, but I’m finding that 10 might be the right number to end on so that I can begin working in some important changes to the operation of the podcast.
Here are a few highlights of what to expect:
- The last episode of Season I will be posted on 7 April, 2014
- I expect to have my changes made, and episode 1 of Season II posted by 4 May, 2014
- I may be adding a “donate” button to the site for listeners who feel compelled to support the podcast monetarily
- Roll out a new intro track for the podcast
- Changing the release format from once per week to once every-other week (or possibly more frequent)
Part of what I’m planning on using this time for is to regroup a little in celebration of our 100th geek to subscribe and make some changes to increase the quality of the podcast looking forward to the 200th geek.
I want to be able to have the time I need in order to do quality research on the topics going forward, and a weekly release schedule for someone who works a day job is a bit too much to reflect the kind of quality I want to see in this podcast.
I want to be able to plan a schedule and mess with some themes for Season II so that Geeked on History doesn’t turn into a grinding history podcast, but more of a thoughtful look at history.
So without turning this post into an endless slog of details, I’ll end it here pledging that I WILL RETURN! Better…more entertaining, and with higher quality topics and research.
Thanks for faithfully listening! Stay geeky!